mercoledì 26 febbraio 2014

Goldberg machine of the day. A history of recorded music in 90 seconds.



A 90-second, race through time filmed at London's world-famous Abbey Road studios, Music Remains is a 'Recorded Music Rube Goldberg Machine' that shows music at the heart of the story of one family.

For more information visit:

http://www.musicremains.org 

See the making of at:

http://youtu.be/AFIn_mcqxS4

MUSIC REMAINS LYRICS

What's the one thing that never gets old?
Listen how the story unfolds, Yo.

You started way before I was born
They found a way to record, all the times you performed
With a bass and the tom and the kick and a horn
That was right until you went and changed form.

You finally had a voice, and you spoke the universal lingo
Dad loved you, he was involved
It was like you were, in the souls of a generation
With guitars and and amps and record players.

Then he met my mum who loved dancing to you
She always told me how she found love through you
I remember hearing you around the house
Then rap came on, I turned you up loud!

With the Adidas shell toes you made us all buy
Mum had a heart attack when she looked at the price
But that didn't matter, you had us inspired
Even made a mix-tape for the girl that I liked.

I remember when my uncle died
You got us through the worse of the times 
Stood right by our side in our moment of silence.

Then back in our life you would skip on CDs 'til I 
Finally got an mp3
An iPod eight gig, 
Every night I would go and update it.
I had a sick playlist.

Let me just say this.

Look at you, you're still beaming
No CDs but you're still streaming
Years have passed, and nothing's the same but
You're the one thing that always remains
Music.

Nessun commento: